At the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine, we see you as a whole being – body, mind, personality – rather than as a bunch of disconnected parts. If you tell us you have fatigue and brain fog, we are literally going to look from head to toe. For example:
- Are the mitochondria, the energy factories in each of your 60 trillion or so cells, operating inefficiently because of trans fats in the diet, or because you are low on thyroid?
- What is your level of fatty acids?
- What is your level of vitamin D and other hormones?
- Are there low-level, chronic infections you may not be aware of like candida?
- Are you low on serotonin or dopamine, causing your neurotransmitters to misfire?
- Are allergies or heavy metals stressing your immune system and depleting your energy reserves?
- Do we need to increase the brain’s processing speed by increasing neural connections with HEG (hemoencephalography), or EEG (electroencephalography) biofeedback, teaching the brain to make new connections?
We begin with a thorough physical workup. We combine physical measurements from lab tests with quantum measurements to look at health at the cellular level. And we often incorporate thermography to look for inflammation.
Then we look at diet and lifestyle because they impact so many health issues. Heart disease, diabetes, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and obesity account for 75% of health-care costs, and yet these are largely preventable and even reversible by changing diet and lifestyle. A 2008 study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that diet and lifestyle approaches may even change gene expression. Genes associated with cancer, heart disease and inflammation were “turned off” whereas protective genes were “turned on” after only a few months of calculated dietary changes. Food gives information to the body.
We also look at environmental factors such as heavy metals, pesticides, and chemicals because they can suppress immune system function and alter DNA.
We treat children and adults. Many children come to us with developmental delays (autism, PDD, ADD, AD/HD) and/or environmental allergies. Many adults come to us who have not been able to find answers elsewhere and are committed to getting well, not just suppressing symptoms or enhancing memory with prescription drugs. We work in partnership to teach and to hold your hand on the journey toward health. We spend a great deal of time educating our patients to empower them to be well.
To learn more about the services we offer, click on the appropriate service link to the left.
Common Issues Treated
If you would like to read more about some of the more common issues we treat, click on the subject below: